Rwanda Church Construction
About Our Partner
The Presbyterian Church of Rwanda (EPR)
The Presbyterian Church in Rwanda (EPR), with over 300,000 members, was introduced in 1907 by Protestants from the German Bethel mission. From the very beginning, the evangelistic work was done by Rwandans who accepted the gospel. The church is growing by leaps and bounds. After the genocide, much emphasis has been placed on reconstruction and expanding the church’s impact to meet both the physical and spiritual needs of Rwandans. There is a huge need for sanctuaries that are also multipurpose halls for various community interests such as schools and other gatherings. As in all places in Africa, congregation members try to provide bricks and labor for their new sanctuaries. Problems arise in completing the roof, doors, and windows. We continue to invite you to prayerfully consider helping the church in Rwanda to roof and close in their sanctuaries. We are now working hard to complete a sanctuary for Kayonza congregation (Eastern Province), for Zinga Presbytery, and one in a very remote area for Mutuntu congregation (Southern Province) for Kirinda Presbytery.
Over the last several years, in partnership with Presbyterians in the U.S., Outreach helped the church in Rwanda complete a number of new sanctuaries including Kanombe, Busanza and Shyorongi, completed sanctuaries for congregations at Karangara and Rukamiro, and put roofs on several rural churches – Gatare, Rukira, Musaza, Karwihura and Murwa.
The Outreach Foundation is seeking gifts totaling $30,000 for new church buildings and an additional $50,000 for roofing, doors, and windows on unfinished sanctuaries.