Clean Drinking Water in Kenya - January 2016
We began our work in the Loodokilano Mission area by building seven churches. We are now building a girls’ boarding primary school and girls’ rescue center. Rev. Charles Maina, the vibrant minister we partner with in Loodokilano, takes a holistic approach to his ministry by looking at the overall needs of the communities in the area. One of the greatest needs is water.
We met with him several months ago to map out a strategy for the water needs. Rev. Maina visited four different villages where we have built churches. Namelok, where we built a church in 2013, has 28 families and none have water. Rev. Maina formed a women's group in the village, and the women determined each family’s water needs. They decided that the best plan would be to have gutters and water tanks. Gifts from The Outreach Foundation’s U.S. partners provided tanks, gutters and piping so that each of the 28 families now have a water collection system and water.
What does this mean?
1. Women no longer have to spend 50 percent of their time fetching water.
2. The family now has good water available for drinking and sanitation.
3. There is less stress on the women and the family.
4. Available water relieves poverty.
5. The project provides an excellent link between the women/family/community and the church. The church is seen as improving the lives of the women and the community.
6. It empowers the women greatly.
Please consider partnering with us. We have more villages where we want to replicate this water model.
Stu and Linda
Amount needed in 2016
The Outreach Foundation seeks to raise at least $10,000 for gutters and tanks - $2,000 per site. To make a donation, click the Donate Now link in the sidebar.
The Outreach Foundation now offers the option of receiving missionary/project updates, newsletters, and receipts by e-mail. If you would like to sign up to start receiving these communications electronically, please send your name and e-mail address, along with that request, to email@example.com or call us at (615) 778-8881.