South Sudan Refugee Appeal
Resources for Your Giving and for a Special Church Offering
South Sudan is in a terrible civil war. Tens of thousands have died. Hundreds of thousands have lost or left their homes. Daily they face armed conflict, economic deterioration, disease, famine and water and food scarcity. Nearly half the population has either died or had to flee the country, with approximately two-thirds of those refugees being children. Many are unaccompanied or separated from their families.
You Can Help
- PRAY: For healing in the hearts of political leaders; for steps toward peace and reconciliation; for unity in the camps where ethnic divisions are sharply felt; for an end to the famine and disease; and for an outpouring of support for the people.
- ACT: Learn more about the situation. The International Rescue Committee says just 15% of Americans are even aware of the crisis in South Sudan. Your awareness can help others understand what is happening.
- GIVE: The refugees face many needs. We are receiving gifts for these initiatives identified by the South Sudanese church leaders:
- Bibles, hymnbooks and musical instruments to help keep their faith and hope alive as they worship and study together.
- Materials to support children’s and adult literacy programs, helping open opportunity for better lives, especially when they return home.
- Trauma healing programs, especially for children who have experienced horrific situations, who feel powerless in the circumstances they face and need counsel and help.
The Outreach Foundation is closely connected with two partners aiding the South Sudanese refugees: the Presbyterian Church of South Sudan and the Ethiopian Evangelical Church Mekane Yesus. Your gifts will be channeled through them, overseen by The Outreach Foundation.
For individuals, make your gift in several ways:
- Send your gift to:
The Outreach Foundation
Attn: South Sudan Refugee Support
381 Riverside Drive, Suite 110
Franklin, TN 37064
- Make your secure online gift by clicking on the “GIVE” button
For congregations, we suggest you offer a special appeal for this urgent need.
Include it as a World Communion Sunday opportunity or a general opportunity for a special South Sudan appeal. We have included resources below, including bulletin inserts for both opportunities.
Right-click the buttons below to download the files: